Weltreise 2014-2016

Hier sammeln sich gute Reiselinks, Reiseblogs und Vlogs (bitte mit Kurzbeschreibung der Webseiten) - und die Kommentare ihrer Besucher. Für einen Rücklink auf Deiner HP sind wir dankbar!
chrisontour84
Verdientes WRF-Mitglied

Weltreise 2014-2016

Ungelesener Beitrag von chrisontour84 »

Hey!

Seit Oktober 2014 bin ich auf Weltreise, es geht auf alle Kontinente und auch in etwas exotischere Gebiete wie Antarktika oder Mongolia. Den Auftakt macht Kanada und danach fliege ich weiter nach Zentral und Südamerika, eine Weltkarte mit meiner groben Route findet ihr hier.

Über meine Facebook Seite gibt es alle Updates, ansonsten hier schon einmal die ersten Berichte mit Bildern. Werde den Thread hier regelmäßig updaten und hoffe es gefällt! :)

Live #01, East Coast Trail in Newfoundland (Canada)

http://chrisontour84.files.wordpress.co ... 2_live.jpg

Live #02, East Coast Trail in Newfoundland (Canada)

https://chrisontour84.files.wordpress.c ... c01086.jpg

Live #03, Gros Morne & Corner Brook in Newfoundland (Canada)

https://chrisontour84.files.wordpress.c ... smorne.png

Live #04, Cape Breton National Park, Nova Scotia (Canada)

Bild

Live #05, Halifax – Lunenburg – Peggys Cove, Nova Scotia (Canada)

https://chrisontour84.files.wordpress.c ... alifax.png

LG
Chris
chrisontour84
Verdientes WRF-Mitglied

Weltreise 2014-2016

Hm man kann ja hier keine Einträge bearbeiten, kann ein Admin die Bilder eventuell verkleinern damit sie nicht den ganzen Monitor ausfüllen? :)

Danke!

Video from El Salvador

Bild

The lack of internet and partly bad weather in El Chaltén allowed me to finish the next two videos! This is the first one and since I didn’t spend a lot of time in El Salvador, it is pretty short as well :) I will start my cruise to Antarctica today and you will hear back from me in about 10 days!

Check out the Live Updates and Pictures from El Salvador here.

>> Direct Vimeo Link
Astrid
Globaler Moderator

Weltreise 2014-2016

Ungelesener Beitrag von Astrid »

Hallo Chris :)

Immer wieder schön, neben Worten auch einen visuellen Input zu haben. :D
chrisontour84 hat geschrieben:Hm man kann ja hier keine Einträge bearbeiten, kann ein Admin die Bilder eventuell verkleinern damit sie nicht den ganzen Monitor ausfüllen? :)
Sorry Chris, aber das kann ich nicht für Dich übernehmen - daher habe ich von den Bildern, die auf Grund ihrer Grösse die gesamte Seitenformatierung gesprengt haben, nur noch den Link stehen gelassen.

Die Bildbreite sollte ca. 800px nicht überschreiten, sonst muß man seitl. Scrollen. Das ermöglicht dann auch eine deutliche Datenreduktion auf ca. 40-50KB pro Bild. Alles andere bedeutet lange Ladezeiten.

Bitte poste die Bilder entsprechend dieser Angaben noch mal. Die Vorschaufunktion hilft Dir bei der Umsetzung. ;)

Liebe Grüße
Astrid
Eine fremde Kultur ergründen zu wollen, ist wie der Versuch, den Horizont zu erreichen... Irgendwann steht man wieder an dem Punkt, an dem man begonnen hat - doch der Blick zum Horizont ist ein anderer. [A. Bokpe]
chrisontour84
Verdientes WRF-Mitglied

Weltreise 2014-2016

Super, vielen Dank! Hier mal ein update :)

Live #53, Panama City, Panama

Bild

09/02/2015 Waiting for the border to re-open after the weekend and about 23 hours in the bus coming from Paraguay left me with only two days here in Bonito, Brazil. It’s safe to say I made the most out of the first day by visiting the amazing Rio da Prata. If you ever wondered how it feels to swim in an aquarium, check this place out! Panama City has been a big surprise on my trip through Central America. I had no idea how nice it is there, especially the skyline really impressed me. Check it out in this post for some pictures, along with the famous Panama Canal :)

There is something really special about Panama City – at least in my eyes ;) Parts of it feel like the usual Central American towns I have seen and visited so often in the past months; but other parts, such as the great skyline at the waterfront, reminded me a lot to more modern cities. It was the last big city before heading to Colombia via the San Blas Islands and also the time of Carnival, adding just a little bit of spice to my visit as well.

I was only able to spend a few days in Panama City because of a spontaneous trip down south towards Las Tablas for what was supposed to be the craziest carnival party in Central America (more on that in the next post..). While in Panama City, I checked out the Cementerio del Rosario, a cemetery with a great ambiance close to some of the poorer areas in town – make sure you don’t wander around in the wrong streets here as some locals warned about possible dangers there. I liked it there, having a huge run-down building just behind it. There was also some nice street art in the city and of course the old town, which contains pretty buildings along with some nice views on the skyline.

Checking out the Panama Canal was obviously a must-do as well. The Miraflores lock provide the easiest access if you are short on time (like me) and I got there at 09:30 AM to see the last ship of the morning passing through the locks. It is quiet impressive to see how it works, but really in the end it was not much more than a huge version of the canals close to my old neighbor hood in London :) Paying 15$ for it was just within the boundaries to not make me feel bad about spending it.

My personal highlight, however, was a walk up the hill of the last island at the end of the Amador Causeway. It was actually forbidden to go up there, but sometimes it is good to ignore little signs like that if you are rewarded with an amazing panoramic view across the City, along with some cool remains of World War 2 bunkers and some wildlife. One huge Iguana crossed the plateau just when I got there and I barely could catch him on video, sadly I don’t have a good photo. There were also hundreds of birds gliding above and enjoying the amazing sunset as well as a huge spider with really nice colors – I got that one on a photo at least! :)

The carnival in town was pretty big, but not really impressive if you would look for a big party. Probably it was too early and unfortunately, I had to get up really early to start my trip to the San Blas Islands in the next morning. But at least I could see the skyline at night one more time; add a firework and I get myself a great ending to the chapter Panama City.

>> Pictures
chrisontour84
Verdientes WRF-Mitglied

Weltreise 2014-2016

Und das nächste :)

Live #55, San Blas Islands, Panama

Bild

16/02/2015 I’m back from the Brazilian Pantanal, feeding Caimans and Eagles on a Boattrip and spotting countless animals along the road. The area around the capital of Brasilia is next for me, but first it is time to release the last update from Panama and thereby wrapping up all of Central America! Cruising the San Blas Islands towards Capurganá in Colombia is probably the best way of crossing countries, just after going on foot through the Gap of Darien of course; this true adventure seemed to be a bit too risky at the time though and I promised my mom to stay safe. If you are in the mood for some photos of picture perfect isolated beaches, check out this update! :)

Getting to the port village north of Panama City took a little while. First, the 4×4 Jeep came half an hour late at 05:30 in the morning and then struggled to find the last missing person, which turned out to be someone I actually met months ago in Nicaragua climbing Volcan Telica! Everyone else in the vehicle booked the 5 days sail cruise and I was the only one with the 4 days speed boat cruise, which focuses more on staying on the islands. Luckily it was all sorted out and I later changed into another jeep, getting me to the right departure spot of the speed boats :)

The ride in the boats was very bumpy, resulting in a lot of splash water in my eyes and a painful butt after a while. Our first ride luckily didn’t take too long, after around 45 minutes we reached a tiny island to relax, play volleyball and go snorkeling. Lot’s of clouds were hiding the sun sadly but everyone still had a great time getting to know each other – we were actually a group of about 28 people or so, split down in two speed boats. We continued the ride to a bigger island, on which we would spend the night as well. It featured a few huts on the sand with a bunch of hammocks for us gringos, as well as some more the people living there.

Did you know that every coconut on the San Blas Islands belongs to a person and you can only get one if you pay a dollar? Well, now you do. :) I was not really interested in coconuts anyway. The actual food provided for us from our tour company was created in a joint effort of our guides and the local family and I have to say: It was pretty damn impressive! We would get a huge all-you-can-eat buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner and not only was it much more than we could possibly consume, it was also amazingly fresh and delicious! We also got rum punch every night, followed by more drinking of stuff that everyone bought on the mainland. Add a guitar, really nice people and you don’t want to leave that place anytime soon again!

The second day welcomed us with a lot of sunshine – the last thing that was missing to make this trip perfect! Everyone was in a great mood, sunbathing, chilling, playing games and socializing. It felt a little bit like being on the island from LOST – just without all the drama and mystery :) We were not alone on the island either, more and more sail boats anchored around us and paid us a visit. One group was actually a Kite Surfing tour, doing some kind of documentary. Although the weather was really nice, the forecast regarding the wind actually made us stay for another day on the island.

The evening was perfectly commencing with the rum punch after dinner and I got to know three new drinking games (I liked “21” a lot), which resulted in hilarious situations once everyone was pretty much drunk. I will spare you with the details and am sure the people involved will agree :) We had a lot of fun, some actually a bit more than others and causing a little bit of a problem. I didn’t think it was a big deal, but the tour operator felt differently and actually removed one Australian dude (joined by his girlfriend) from the island for bad behavior while he had a bit too much to drink. It was a shame because I was actually getting along with them very well and would meet them afterwards in Colombia again.

On the next day we had to catch up on some ground after being stuck on the first island for 2 nights. The resulting two hour boat ride was not really comfortable but despite all the splash water in our faces, everyone was still in a great mood because we spent two amazing day on a beautiful isolated island. We had a nice lunch break on the island that was supposed to be our home for the second night and spent about three hours there. Enough time to take the snorkel and swim over to one of the nearby islands. There are actually about 365 islands in the San blas and only 49 are inhabited. It was great to be able to swim to another tiny island and go exploring.

One problem we were all facing I suppose was the fact that there were no fresh water showers around. Even my short hair started to be sticky after constantly being in the salt water without having a way to get the salt off afterwards. Well, certainly a problem everyone would like to have I guess – at least if it’s not for weeks or even months :) Eventually, it was time to move on to our last destination: A Kula village with roughly 800 inhabitants. Houses are built on stilts along the waterfront and married women wear traditional clothes and jewelry, which actually looked really nice I have to admit! Especially the kids were really excited to see us, being very happy and playful.

Experiencing how the local indigenous people on the islands live was a great way to end the trip! The last dinner at a local restaurant, though, was not nearly as good as they stuff our guides prepared and also the portion was pretty small. At least for my appetite :) After partying a lot in the last nights, everyone was a bit tired now and took it easy in the last night. We were sleeping in the village and had rooms full of (uncomfortable) hammocks as well as a really cool outdoor bathroom, in which you can see how fish take care of your business as you just poop into the water. Sounded strange at first but I have to admit I was never entertained more sitting on a toilet!

We ended the (amazing) trip by arriving in Colombia’s northern border town Sapzurro, which can only be reached by boat. We got our passports stamped, luggage checked and eventually arrived in Capurganá. I did not know much about this place first but luckily found out that it was supposed to be one of Colombia’s most remote and best diving location, making me decide to actually spend two nights there before heading onwards to Cartagena. The next live update will show you if it was really that good as I took down my first fun dives after the PADI Open Water Certification in Utila, Honduras :)

>> Pictures
chrisontour84
Verdientes WRF-Mitglied

Weltreise 2014-2016

Live #67, Laguna Piedras Blanca, Argentina

Bild

19/03/2015 After some rainy days in El Chaltén, I used the upcoming good weather window to start what was supposed to be a four day trek to Paso del Cuadrado. Joined by Rene from the hostel, we knew that the first day would still be rainy; we didn’t know what kind of adventure we would be heading into. Soon after leaving the beaten path, we found ourselves in the middle of a snow storm in freezing temperatures, forcing us to set up an emergency fire at Laguna Piedras Blanca and actually staying the night there as well. For the complete story, keep on reading!

A lot of rain forced me to remain in El Chaltén for a total of four days and since Rene had no climbing and only little trekking experience, we decided to skip my original plan of tackling Paso del Viento and instead headed towards Paso del Cuadrado, another challenging hike compared to the simple day hikes in the area. Leaving at 12:00, we started to walk in the rain and knew that this wouldn’t change for the rest of the day. It would take us one day just to get closer to the area of our destination anyway and the forecast looked great for all days coming up afterwards, so we decided to start the hike in the rain, allowing Rene to continue his hitch hiking journey without delays. The hike was rather boring for me; we could not see a lot in these weather conditions and I had also just returned from the day hike to the Fitz Roy a few days before in perfect weather. The rain turned into snow and I could witness how the C.B. Poincenot camp looks covered in white, it was a pretty cool sight! We used the camp to have lunch and our hands were freezing already. Things got worse when we walked north along the rocky path next to the river towards Laguna Piedras Blanca. Faced with an now extremely lower temperature, we were now covered in thick snow and quickly soaked completely wet. Getting in the gloves was now an extremely hard task and we knew the situation actually became a bit serious now. We would have to make a decision between returning back to El Chaltén or keep on going, having in mind that the sun will come out the next day. Obviously, we chose the latter…

Freezing our asses off, we kept on walking along the river to find shelter at one of the huge boulders at Laguna Piedras Blanca. Taking pictures was a nearly impossible task now as the thick snow flakes constantly messed up the touchscreen of my phone. Luckily, we walked right into a massive boulder of at least 20 meter in height, offering natural protection from the wind and snow from 3 sides. Once we stopped walking, our already cold bodies started to freeze even more and we had to do something about it. Some people left dry fire wood behind here and even though it is not allowed, we just had to get a fire going to warm up and re-evaluate the situation. Walking back for hours in these conditions would have been very unpleasant. We quickly gathered some tinder and even brought a lighter and toilet paper, making the process of getting the fire up very easy… if we could only use our fingers!! At this point, our hands were so cold that Rene was not able to use his fingers at all anymore. Luckily, I still had some energy in them left and could get the fire going, finally offering us the desperately needed warmth.

After enjoying the fire for a while, I went out to explore the nearby area and also climbed up to one of the hills to get a better overview. It was still snowing a lot and I could not see too much, not even the lake that should be very close to us now. At least I was able to find enough dry wood to keep the fire going for a while. Returning back to our little camp, we started to think about what to do. It was already getting late now and we would have another two hours of walking to reach the next camp, something that was out of question considering the fact that the amount of snow actually increased with time. So we decided to call the boulder our home for this night and aligned the sleeping bags next to the fire to sleep there without setting up the tent. It was actually a really great experience in the end and I enjoyed it a lot. Rene gained back his good spirits as well the longer he could warm up on the fire. We shared some stories, had some rum and eventually fell asleep next to the fire after a nice meal.

Waking up the next morning was an experience I will never forget. The forecast was right (as usual on the norwegian site yr.no) and all the clouds disappeared, leaving us with a perfect clear sky. The sun did not yet rise up over the mountains around us, but for the first time we could see Monte Fitz Roy in the background with the first rays of sunshine on it’s face. Spirits were high and we wasted no time to climb up to the viewpoint to finally see the lake as well. The climb was pretty steep and some parts were still covered with ice from last night, but overall it was not a big deal to get up there. The views were amazing and having the sun in my face again made me look positively into the future. We enjoyed the moment for a while and then started to walk back to our temporary camp, it was time to pack up again and continue our hike towards Paso del Cuadrado with a slight delay. More on that in the next update :)

>> Pictures

Meine Berichte aus Antarktika findet Ihr im Thema: Antarktika Reisebericht .

[editiert]
Astrid
Globaler Moderator

Weltreise 2014-2016

Ungelesener Beitrag von Astrid »

Hallo Chris :)

Wooooooow - schöne Erlebnisse, die Dir Deine Weltreise beschert. :cool:
Vielen Dank dass Du sie an dieser Stelle auch mit uns teilst!

Falls Du im Thema Cartagena, Kolumbien - Panama mit Charter-Segelboot zusätzlich kurz auf die (vermutlich nicht nur) mir bislang nicht bekannte Möglichkeit des Speedbootes hinweisen könntest, würde ich mich sehr freuen! Gerne auch unter Nennung des Anbieters, des Preises und / oder Verweis auf Deinen Blog bzw. Deinen Reisebericht hier im WRF.

Das Gleiche gilt für Deine Antarktika-Reise.
Im Thema: Antarktis - Reiseerfahrungen? würden sich sicherlich auch Andere über ein kurzes Update freuen - wie im WRF üblich: auf Gegenseitigkeit halt. :)

Liebe Grüße und weiterhin eine tolle Reise!
Astrid
Eine fremde Kultur ergründen zu wollen, ist wie der Versuch, den Horizont zu erreichen... Irgendwann steht man wieder an dem Punkt, an dem man begonnen hat - doch der Blick zum Horizont ist ein anderer. [A. Bokpe]
chrisontour84
Verdientes WRF-Mitglied

Weltreise 2014-2016

Danke! Ich werde dort mal reinschreiben :)
chrisontour84
Verdientes WRF-Mitglied

Weltreise 2014-2016

Live #79, Ushuaia Bouldering, Argentina

Bild

05/04/2015 After my unfinished hike to Cerro del medio, I had one more thing on my wish list down in Argentina’s most southern town of Ushuaia: Go out for some Bouldering! In the end, I was carrying my climbing shoes with me all the time, so I was happy for every opportunity. Luckily, some friends of my Couchsurfing host took me out to some local spots about 30 km east of the town.

We were leaving Ushuaia in the only possible direction (east), since the road pretty much ends on the western side of the town. It really felt like being at the end of the world! Our 30km ride was really pleasant, passing mountains and a nice viewpoint until we reached our destination Piedra Barco, one of the top spots to do bouldering in the area on a massive boulder that was way to high to even think about topping it out! It had a lot of hard routes but also some easy ones, which even I managed to complete despite my lack of climbing-training and a resulting loss in most of my muscles that I have built up before starting this trip.

We spent about two hours climbing while our blue-eyed husky/rottweiler mix was watching us and then started to walk back to the car. My new friends had something else planned for today and it was one of my favorite activities in Latin America: eating meat! Driving another 60km along Lago Fagnano, we eventually reached a tiny piece of land they owned to have a small BBQ. It is common for the locals to buy a little area as a weekend escape from Ushuaia. We were lucky with the weather and it was still warm enough to enjoy a nice late-lunch in the woods. Sadly, we had no time to prepare a proper Argentinean asado and instead just threw some burgers with cheese on the grill.

All good things must come to an end and I was heading out of Ushuaia in the next morning at 05:00, catching the early bus towards Punta Arenas in Chile after a failed Hitch hiking attempt the day before. The area was just too remote and I only received offers to get a bit further towards the border – no one actually wanted to go all the way to Chile. I booked a Tecni Austral bus towards the border for 208 Pesos but actually had to use another bus in the end, which was pretty confusing but at least I made it to my destination after a few bus changes and ferries along the way to get off Tierra del Fuego. The second bus cost me 450 Pesos and arrived at the San Sebastian border at 10:00. I crossed the Straight of Magallan at 14:00 with another ferry and finally arrived in Punta Arenas at 17:00 in beautiful weather, being picked up by my next Couchsurfing host and eager to start the next adventure in attempting to hike to Cabo Froward. Feel free to google this place up before I will write about my expierences there in the next post :)

Zurück zu „Nicht-kommerzielle Reise-Links, private Reiseseiten, Blogs & Vlogs“