Fidschi: Erfolglose Einreise ohne Visum als Kroatin

Weltreisend oder im Urlaub schlechte, vielleicht "ortstypische" Erfahrungen mit Trickbetrügern, abgekarteten Spielen, Halunken und Räubern gemacht- und daraus gelernt? - Hier kannst Du es schildern, Andere warnen - und Trost finden.
Forumsregeln
Vorsicht- Reisefalle! im WRF- Info-Pool Hier sollte einzelthematisch geschrieben und auch nur direkt auf den Betreff bezogen geantwortet werden!
Bitte vermeide nicht direkt zum Titel gehörende Suchworte (z.B. Ländernamen oder themenfremde Zusatzfragen).
Übersichtlichkeitshalber am besten Ort und Schädigungsart gleich in den Betreff schreiben und für ähnliche Erlebnisse an einem anderen Ort bitte jeweils ein neues Thema aufmachen (falls nicht schon vorhanden, bitte suchen).
Danke! :)
Gast

Ungelesener Beitrag von Gast »

The story based on our letter to the embassy in UK (I am German)

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

Just want to let you know about the horrible trip to Fiji (due to a wrong information from your embassy)

Backround

We planned to go to Fiji on September 27, 2013 and took the flight at 4.30 pm to Nadi.

Due to the fact, that you, the embassy of Fiji in UK told us on the phone, that my croatian wife Jelena does not need a visa (because Croatia joined the European Union on the 1 of July 2013), we did not apply for a Visa (N ew Z ealand was similar).

Fiji Airline as well does not ask for this (but it has to), but the embassy on Fiji won’t let us in.

We were able to provide all information needed, but the lady at the immigration center (Doris) was very unfriendly and impolite and it seems that she does not like tourists. There was no reason not to give a Visa to my wife, but it seems that they were not interested in finding a solution.

Jail

Due to the fact, that there was no flight out of Fiji this day we had to stay for one night in jail (they called it detention center but it was a jail). The Grand Melanesian Hotel (recommended by Fiji Airways – that’s unbelievable) was the place we had to stay (but it was fully booked). Prostitutes went in and out and it was more like a place for junkies than for tourists. The manager brought us to the Best Western (which is also a really bad place to stay) and told us, that he will clarify and will get her Visa at 10 am next morning. At 10 am next morning we only were transferred to the Grand Melanesian Hotel and waited for the manager. According to the unfriendly staff at the reception (also they permanently lie to us) he was sleeping (but at the evening before he gets drunk).

After getting loud and screaming (my wife was just crying the whole night and vomiting) they took us back to the airport.

Airport

At the airport first they did not found the passport of my wife and after asking for it the guy from the immigration center told us, if we would ask so many questions he will bring us to Suva, then we would know what a real jail is like (how bad can a human be?). Further he permanently told the guy at the Fijiairways counter “don’t let them out”.

Conclusion

This was the worst trip in our lifetime. The people were unfriendly and it seems that they want to torture tourists. If my country would act like this I would be ashamed for them. We travel a lot and had never had an experience like this. We like to share this experience with you and all other tourists.
Tonicek
WRF-Spezialist

Ungelesener Beitrag von Tonicek »

Eine 6 Jahre alte, dennoch hochinteressante Geschichte.-
Ja, es ist heutzutage so, daß eine Airline beim Einchecken der Passagiere kontrollieren muß, ob

1. sie ein Visum für das Zielland benötigen
2. wenn ja, ob sie denn auch im Besitz eines solchen Visums sind.

Das ist eine internat. Pflicht der Airlines. Kontrolliert sie dieses nicht, u. landet ein Gast in einem Land, in dem er ein Visum braucht, aber keines hat, ist die Airline verpflichtet, diesen Gast wieder außer Landes zu bringen, wohin, ist erst einmal egal, nur raus aus diesem Land, in diesem Fall war es Fidji.

Zu allem Anderen kann ich nichts sagen, da ich das Land nicht kenne, aber eine " detention center " ist im eigentlichen Sinne kein Gefängnis, sondern eine Jugendhaftanstalt. Ob u. inwieweit dieses dort zutrifft, will ich nicht beurteien, Gefängnisse und Haftanstalten und Besserungsanstalten sind weltweit sehr, sehr unterschiedlich - und daß sie dort auf den Fidschi-Inseln besonders luxoriös sind, kann ich mir nicht vorstellen.

Nur mal meine 2 ct . . .