Panama: Panama City - Stadt der Gegensätze

Zu Mittelamerika gehören im WRF:
Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, ganz Mexiko, Nicaragua und Panama
Forumsregeln
Mittelamerika Infopool Zentralamerikanische Infos und Fragen hier bitte streng einzelthematisch gefragt und auch nur direkt auf den Thementitel bezogen sachdienlich informativ geantwortet werden!
Bitte vermeide nicht direkt zum Titel gehörende Suchworte und eröffne für themenfremde Zusatzfragen ggf. jeweils ein neues Thema.
chrisontour84
Verdientes WRF-Mitglied

Panama: Panama City - Stadt der Gegensätze

Ungelesener Beitrag von chrisontour84 »

Panama City has been a big surprise on my trip through Central America. I had no idea how nice it is there, especially the skyline really impressed me.

There is something really special about Panama City – at least in my eyes ;) Parts of it feel like the usual Central American towns I have seen and visited so often in the past months; but other parts, such as the great skyline at the waterfront, reminded me a lot to more modern cities.

While in Panama City, I checked out the Cementerio del Rosario, a cemetery with a great ambiance close to some of the poorer areas in town – make sure you don’t wander around in the wrong streets here as some locals warned about possible dangers there. I liked it there, having a huge run-down building just behind it. There was also some nice street art in the city and of course the old town, which contains pretty buildings along with some nice views on the skyline.

My personal highlight, however, was a walk up the hill of the last island at the end of the Amador Causeway. It was actually forbidden to go up there, but sometimes it is good to ignore little signs like that if you are rewarded with an amazing panoramic view across the City, along with some cool remains of World War 2 bunkers and some wildlife....

[Beitrag im Original-Ton aus Chris Vorstellungsbereich für alle in Info-Pool verschoben - weitere Impressionen / Kommentare gerne auf Deutsch ;) - Astrid]